Here’s a fun little post to break up your day with some Halloween cheer and complete toddler cuteness. I have to admit, I am (at times) the hot mess mom that does not have a costume till the very last minute and doesn’t have the cool Halloween giveaway treats for the class. I am lucky if I ever make the Halloween parade at school.
This year, in my attempts to find better balance, I promised that I would be ahead of the game – or at least not buying from the 10 costumes left in the clearance rack at Target while my daughter cries because the princess costume she wanted was all sold out. So here’s a little nudge and fun read to everyone that Halloween is right around the corner.
I’m often bored about the same old cartoon-inspired or Disney costumes. (Although – let’s be real, my daughter will probably still be a Disney Princess.) So I decided to do some recon, and here are the top 5 unique toddler costumes that spoke to me that I feel you could desparately put together with something in your closet. Well…here’s a blog post for you…the moms like me, who had to put together a last minute costume. Check these out for some inspiration!
- Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hephburn – Feel free to laugh, but a last minute mom sees black and white sheets, over-sized glasses, and a pearl necklace. DONE!
2. FLO – from Progressive – I love this, but even easier…white everything, blue headband, and a heart sticker with some red lipstick. HELL YA!
3. Peewee Herman – I don’t have a boy, but I feel if I did, I would totally have a suit laying around…no? yes? Am I crazy?
4. A League of Their Own – Here I see a red hat with a big R made out of construction paper, a pink dress with lots of stickers as patches, red socks and a belt. DONZO!
AND THE WINNER IS….
5. Hot Mess Mom – This would be my preference if my daughter wouold ever let me. LOL Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner, I know every mom has every piece of this costume.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN! From my crazy mom life to yours. Hope your cups are filled with wine and your kids sugar crashed by 8 pm.
Subscribe with us for more humor and stories!